Janarthanan Someswarananthan, MDMedical Director
Dr. Janarthan Someswarananthan is a Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician specializing in the care and treatment of geriatric patients. He is a managing partner of New England Community Medical Services where is the attending physician for several Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Livings. Dr. Someswarananthan is also the Medical Director at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen, MA. He resides in Andover, MA with his wife and two children.
Dr. Adam Smith, MDPulmonologist
Dr. Smith joined the Lahey Pulmonary team in September 2018. Prior to this he served as the Chief of Pulmonary for Atrius Health, a large multispecialty group practice in the greater Boston area. He has been in clinical practice since 2010. Dr. Smith has devoted a great deal of his office practice towards caring for patients suffering from COPD and asthma. Dr. Smith uses a holistic approach in the care of patients with respiratory conditions, identifying comorbidities, such as anxiety, depression, and nutrition that play a major role in their management. He has also developed disease management programs aimed at reducing COPD exacerbations and readmissions. He has a research interest in airway inflammation in asthma, which has led him to employ new technology and new biologic medications to better control asthma patients. Dr. Smith graduated from NYU School of Medicine. He then completed a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics and a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at St. Vincent’s Hospital in New York City.
Chieke Udom, MDSubacute Medical Director
Dr. Udom BSC Pharmacology. MD Residencies: Internal Medicine North General at Mount Sinai Hospital NY and NorthShore University Health System Long Island NY. Specialty: Hospital Medicine and Post-Acute Care Management. Affiliation: Beth Israel Lahey Health. Years of Practice: 8 years
Steven AlexanderRespiratory Therapist
- Graduated from North Shore Community College (NSCC) with a degree in Allied Health Sciences
- Over 46 years in the Respiratory field including (Emergency, Medical-Surgery, Intensive Care, Respiratory Home Care Services
- Served as an Adjunct Clinical Instructor at local community colleges
- Previously a Respiratory Therapy Department Administrator at North Shore Medical Center
- Well-versed on airway management, all 02 administration modalities, invasive + non-invasive mechanical ventilation, intubation, PFT testing, drawing of ABG’s