Elevating the Quality of Life. Reducing Hospitalization.
Known for its excellence in the treatment of acute and chronic lung disorders, the Pulmonary Program at Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center offers residents and post-acute patients the highest level of clinical care, providing them with the necessary tools to stand up to their challenges, thus giving them a new lease on life.
As one of the area’s only care centers with a Specialized Pulmonary Program, and led by renowned Pulmonologist Dr. Jingli Ma and Steve Alexander, Respiratory Therapist, the focus of our Pulmonary Rehab is to serve as a bridge between an acute stay and home environment. Under the direct dedicated supervision of our Respiratory Program Director Steve Alexander, RT, our Pulmonary Rehab aims to reduce the need for hospitalization and re-hospitalization, by reducing pulmonary symptoms, decreasing disability, increasing participation and promoting independence and overall quality of life.
Offering exercise, breathing retraining and dietary management, our Pulmonary Rehab is a well-coordinated effort that provides services that include:
• Wide Range of 02 Administration Modalities
• Nebulizer Therapy
• Chest Physical Therapy
• Arterial Blood Gas Analysis
• Peak Flow Measurements
• Oxymetry Monitoring/Recording
• Full Range of “PAP Therapy (CPAP, BiPAP – room air and oxygen enriched)
• Tracheostomy Care Management
• Speaking Valves
Providing seamless discharge planning and post-discharge follow-up visits by nurse practitioners, as well as continued personalized attention, Blueberry Hill’s Pulmonary Rehab achieves excellence in patient care and lessens the possibilities of patient re-hospitalization.
We take the steps necessary to ensure healthy breathing and a strong recovery:
- Reduce pulmonary symptoms
- Daily bedside visits
- Decrease disability
- Increase participation in physical & social activities
- Promote independence & quality of life
- Patient & family/caregiver support
- Patient, family & caregiver education/training
- Discharge planning & post-discharge follow up on-site visit by Nurse Practitioner